Good Old War - My Own Sinking Ship (cover) ( Good Old War My Own Sinking Ship Great Pictures #5)
6 photos of Good Old War - My Own Sinking Ship (cover) ( Good Old War My Own Sinking Ship Great Pictures #5)
Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Oldold (ōld),USA pronunciation adj., old•er, old•est or eld•er, eld•est, n.
- far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- of or pertaining to the latter part of the life or term of existence of a person or thing: old age.
- as if or appearing to be far advanced in years: Worry had made him old.
- having lived or existed for a specified time: a man 30 years old; a century-old organization.
- having lived or existed as specified with relation to younger or newer persons or things: Jim is our oldest boy.
- having been aged for a specified time: This whiskey is eight years old.
- having been aged for a comparatively long time: old brandy.
- long known or in use: the same old excuse.
- overfamiliar to the point of tedium: That joke gets old fast.
- belonging to the past: the good old days.
- having been in existence since the distant past: a fine old family.
- no longer in general use: This typewriter is an old model.
- acquired, made, or in use by one prior to the acquisition, making, or use of something more recent: When the new house was built, we sold the old one.
- of, pertaining to, or originating at an earlier period or date: old maps.
ancient: There may have been an old land bridge between Asia and Alaska.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its oldest known period, as attested by the earliest written records: Old Czech.
- experienced: He's an old hand at welding.
- of long standing;
having been such for a comparatively long time: an old and trusted employee.
- (of colors) dull, faded, or subdued: old rose.
- deteriorated through age or long use;
worn, decayed, or dilapidated: old clothes.
- [Physical Geog.](of landforms) far advanced in reduction by erosion or the like.
- sedate, sensible, mature, or wise: That child seems old beyond his years.
- (used to indicate affection, familiarity, disparagement, or a personalization): good old Bob; that dirty old jalopy.
- (used as an intensive) great;
uncommon: a high old time.
having been so formerly: a dinner for his old students.
- (used with a pl. v.) old persons collectively (usually prec. by the): appropriations to care for the old.
- a person or animal of a specified age or age group (used in combination): a class for six-year-olds; a horse race for three-year-olds.
- old or former time, often time long past: days of old.
Warwar1 (wôr),USA pronunciation n., v., warred, war•ring, adj.
- a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation;
warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
- a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations: The two nations were at war with each other.
- a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns: the War of 1812.
- active hostility or contention;
contest: a war of words.
- aggressive business conflict, as through severe price cutting in the same industry or any other means of undermining competitors: a fare war among airlines; a trade war between nations.
- a struggle: a war for men's minds; a war against poverty.
- armed fighting, as a science, profession, activity, or art;
methods or principles of waging armed conflict: War is the soldier's business.
- a game for two or more persons, played with a 52-card pack evenly divided between the players, in which each player turns up one card at a time with the higher card taking the lower, and in which, when both turned up cards match, each player lays one card face down and turns up another, the player with the higher card of the second turn taking all the cards laid down.
- an occasion in this game when both turned up cards match.
- [Archaic.]a battle.
- to make or carry on war;
fight: to war with a neighboring nation.
- to carry on active hostility or contention: Throughout her life she warred with sin and corruption.
- to be in conflict or in a state of strong opposition: The temptation warred with his conscience.
- of, belonging to, used in, or due to war: war preparations; war hysteria.
Mymy (mī),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of I used as an attributive adjective): My soup is cold.
- Also, my-my. (used as an exclamation of mild surprise or dismay): My, what a big house this is! My-my, how old he looks!
Ownown (ōn),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or belonging to oneself or itself (usually used after a possessive to emphasize the idea of ownership, interest, or relation conveyed by the possessive): He spent only his own money.
- (used as an intensifier to indicate oneself as the sole agent of some activity or action, prec. by a possessive): He insists on being his own doctor.
- come into one's own:
- to take possession of that which is due or owed one.
- to receive the recognition that one's abilities merit: She finally came into her own as a sculptor of the first magnitude.
- get one's own back, to get revenge and thereby a sense of personal satisfaction, as for a slight or a previous setback;
get even with somebody or something: He saw the award as a way of getting his own back for all the snubs by his colleagues.
- hold one's own:
- to maintain one's position or condition: The stock market seems to be holding its own these days.
- to be equal to the opposition: He can hold his own in any fight.
- of one's own, belonging to oneself: She had never had a room of her own.
- on one's own:
- by dint of one's own efforts, resources, or sense of responsibility;
independently: Because she spoke the language, she got around the country very well on her own.
- living or functioning without dependence on others;
independent: My son's been on his own for several years.
- to have or hold as one's own;
possess: They own several homes.
- to acknowledge or admit: to own a fault.
- to acknowledge as one's own;
recognize as having full claim, authority, power, dominion, etc.: He owned his child before the entire assembly. They owned the king as their lord.
- to confess (often fol. by to, up, or up to): The one who did it had better own up. I own to being uncertain about that.
Sinkingsink (singk),USA pronunciation v., sank or, often, sunk;
sunk or sunk•en;
- to displace part of the volume of a supporting substance or object and become totally or partially submerged or enveloped;
fall or descend into or below the surface or to the bottom (often fol. by in or into): The battleship sank within two hours. His foot sank in the mud. Her head sinks into the pillows.
- to fall, drop, or descend gradually to a lower level: The river sank two feet during the dry spell.
- to settle or fall gradually, as a heavy structure: The tower is slowly sinking.
- to fall or collapse slowly from weakness, fatigue, distress, etc.: He gasped and sank to his knees.
- to slope downward;
dip: The field sinks toward the highway.
- to go down toward or below the horizon: the sun sinks in the west.
- to penetrate, permeate, or seep (usually fol. by in or into): Wipe the oil off before it sinks into the wood.
- to become engulfed or absorbed in or gradually to enter a state (usually fol. by in or into): to sink into slumber.
- to be or become deeply absorbed or involved in a mood or mental state (usually fol. by in or into): sunk in thought. She sank into despair.
- to pass or fall into some lower state, as of fortune, estimation, etc.;
degenerate: to sink into poverty.
- to decline or deteriorate in quality or worth.
- to fail in physical strength or health.
- to decrease in amount, extent, intensity, etc.: The temperature sank to 30° at noon.
- to become lower in volume, tone, or pitch: Her voice sank to a whisper.
- to enter or permeate the mind;
become known or understood (usually fol. by in or into): He said it four times before the words really sank in.
- to become concave;
become hollow, as the cheeks.
- to drop or fall gradually into a lower position: He sank down on the bench.
- to cause to become submerged or enveloped;
force into or below the surface;
cause to plunge in or down: The submarine sank the battleship. He sank his fist into the pillow.
- to cause to fall, drop, or descend gradually.
- to cause to penetrate: to sink an ax into a tree trunk.
- to lower or depress the level of: They sank the roadway by five feet.
- to bury, plant, or lay (a pipe, conduit, etc.) into or as if into the ground.
- to dig, bore, or excavate (a hole, shaft, well, etc.).
- to bring to a worse or lower state or status.
- to bring to utter ruin or collapse: Drinking and gambling sank him completely.
- to reduce in amount, extent, intensity, etc.
- to lower in volume, tone, or pitch.
- to suppress;
- to invest in the hope of making a profit or gaining some other return: He sank all his efforts into the business.
- to lose (money) in an unfortunate investment, enterprise, etc.
- to throw, shoot, hit, or propel (a ball) so that it goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: She sank the 10 ball into the side pocket.
- to execute (a stroke or throw) so that the ball goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: to sink a putt; to sink a free throw.
- sink one's teeth into:
- to bite deeply or vigorously.
- to do or enter into with great enthusiasm, concentration, conviction, etc.: to sink my teeth into solving the problem.
- a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually connected with a water supply and drainage system, for washing dishes, clothing, etc.
- a low-lying, poorly drained area where waters collect and sink into the ground or evaporate.
- sinkhole (def. 2).
- a place of vice or corruption.
- a drain or sewer.
- a device or place for disposing of energy within a system, as a power-consuming device in an electrical circuit or a condenser in a steam engine.
- any pond or pit for sewage or waste, as a cesspool or a pool for industrial wastes.
- any natural process by which contaminants are removed from the atmosphere.
Shipship (ship),USA pronunciation n., v., shipped, ship•ping.
- a vessel, esp. a large oceangoing one propelled by sails or engines.
- a sailing vessel square-rigged on all of three or more masts, having jibs, staysails, and a spanker on the aftermost mast.
- [Now Rare.]a bark having more than three masts. Cf. shipentine.
- the crew and, sometimes, the passengers of a vessel: The captain gave the ship shore leave.
- an airship, airplane, or spacecraft.
- jump ship:
- to escape from a ship, esp. one in foreign waters or a foreign port, as to avoid further service as a sailor or to request political asylum.
- to withdraw support or membership from a group, organization, cause, etc.;
defect or desert: Some of the more liberal members have jumped ship.
- run a tight ship, to exercise a close, strict control over a ship's crew, a company, organization, or the like.
- when one's ship comes in or home, when one's fortune is assured: She'll buy a car as soon as her ship comes in.
- to put or take on board a ship or other means of transportation;
to send or transport by ship, rail, truck, plane, etc.
- [Naut.]to take in (water) over the side, as a vessel does when waves break over it.
- to bring (an object) into a ship or boat.
- to engage (someone) for service on a ship.
- to fix in a ship or boat in the proper place for use.
- to place (an oar) in proper position for rowing. Cf. boat (def. 13).
- to send away: They shipped the kids off to camp for the summer.
- to go on board or travel by ship;
- to engage to serve on a ship.
- ship out:
- to leave, esp. for another country or assignment: He said goodby to his family and shipped out for the West Indies.
- to send away, esp. to another country or assignment.
- [Informal.]to quit, resign, or be fired from a job: Shape up or ship out!
Hello guys, this post is about Good Old War - My Own Sinking Ship (cover) ( Good Old War My Own Sinking Ship Great Pictures #5). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1062 x 597. It's file size is only 67 KB. Wether You want to save This picture to Your computer, you might Click here. You also too download more images by clicking the photo below or see more at this post: Good Old War My Own Sinking Ship.
Good Old War - My Own Sinking Ship (cover) ( Good Old War My Own Sinking Ship Great Pictures #5) usually be described as an area we and relatives at home accumulate together. In addition, sometimes a great deal of actions performed while in the two locations. So the environment becomes warmer and satisfying for that we require good lighting. Here are a few ideas from us to your kitchen light is beautiful and more appropriate. Modern hanging would be used in some models your kitchen.
The more hanging want to use, we propose that you pick there is that a hanging style easy not to present the crowd inside the room's setting were excessive. Holding lights are often ideal for kitchens with design. As a number of the images above, the hanging features a character that's very simple so it looks more stylish. If you utilize the hanging, ensure, you choose an identical design to keep speed with the general kitchen your home.
Good Old War My Own Sinking Ship are spread to work on the yard or garage only. Currently, the lamp can be utilized as well coupled with your modern kitchen layout. In fact, using these lights, the area seems more adaptable and broad; and roof may be the best choice for lighting design of your home area.
Look more stylish and straightforward, ceiling pendants could possibly be combined with a number of home layout you have. To make it more fascinating, you can include DIRECTED lights on each facet of the ceiling with certain hues therefore the space more attractive and contemporary kitchen.
Among the most critical points while in the Good Old War - My Own Sinking Ship (cover) ( Good Old War My Own Sinking Ship Great Pictures #5) the modern kitchen is initiated correct illumination lamps. Its function, as well as promoting the illumination, the light may also improve the elegant look of the kitchen. Lamps are well suited for the modern cooking area is gentle to reasonable lighting and never weak, but additionally do not allow it to be too brilliant, since it will make amazing.
Often the supplement of attractive lights also can enhance the allure of contemporary kitchen style as well as utilizing the type downlight. For that, you merely alter the kind of light design having a contemporary kitchen at home. Popular in this state, developed minimalist contemporary kitchen style that was modern. Therefore, the lamps utilized are easy designs with small light or light modern layout that is contemporary.
In the contemporary home needs to have two principles of lighting lighting comprehensive and aimed lighting. Extensive class illumination to illuminate inside modern kitchen, while the lamp for lighting a focus to assist smooth the game of favorites to the complete area.